Sunday, 22 May 2016

Kylie Jenner Lip Kit & Metal Review

You are probably aware that getting your hands on a Kylie Cosmetics lip product is one of the most stressful things that can happen to any makeup addict. And if you're reading this then I'm going to assume you're a makeup addict and you're all too familiar with the disappointment of all of Kylie's products selling out in record times!



I had tried once or twice to get my hands on a Lip Kit in the first few launches and after having no luck I left it for a while. On a recent restock of the Lip Kits, which Kylie exclusively released the time for on her app, I poised myself for the battle, prepped my address and card details and boom... I had bought and received my confirmation email 2 minutes after the products launched. I did it! 

In my first successful mission I managed to get Candy K which was the lip kit I had wanted. A week later Kylie did another release of the Metal collection and again my lightening fast reactions meant I managed to get my hands on Heir. Both of the products I managed to purchase are the ones Kylie herself has claimed are her favourites, and I can totally see why!

First up, lets talk about shipping time. So I ordered Candy K the week before I ordered Heir. Candy K was shipped 4 days after the day I ordered it and Heir was shipped 3 days after but both packages arrived on the same day, meaning Candy K took 2 weeks to get to me and Heir took only 1 week. Generally this is quite good for shipping from America.

Both products came well packaged and contained a printed note from Kylie thanking you for your purchase. You can't expect her to write one of these out for each box so I think the printed version is a really nice idea and adds a real personal touch to the delivery. The lip logo on the front of the message card is also really cute and would look great in a photo frame on a vanity table.


Moving onto Candy K... This is a lot more of a dusky pink than I thought it was when I ordered it. From what I had seen in swatches it looked a lot more nude than it actually is but I do still love it. I'm not a pink girl so the idea of pink lipstick is daunting for me, but this is a really dusky, quite dark pink tone which I think looks good on my skin tone. It turns out I really love it!

As a general Kylie Jenner fan, I'm sort of expected to be a little bit bias with my opinion of her products but I can honestly say 100% genuinely that Kylie has created the best lip liner formula I have ever used! It is so creamy and buttery which makes it super easy to apply. You only have to press lightly when  applying for the colour payoff to be great and it doesn't feel drying or look patchy at all which some lip liners do. I would wear the lip liner on its own if I didn't want to go as pink and use the liquid lipstick.

The liquid lipstick formula is also incredible. The lipstick is quick drying and really creamy making it super easy to glide onto the lips and draw out the perfect lip shape, even if you over draw your lips.
Another thing that I love about this is that you are only meant to apply one thin layer to the lips and to be honest that is all you actually need which makes the product last longer. 
Once dry, the liquid lipstick does not budge! I had mine on for about 7-8 hours the other evening and it was still perfectly in place at the end of the night. Even when removing your makeup at night you really have to apply pressure to get the product off otherwise makeup wipes and remover just don't make a difference!


Heir is the lightest shade in the Metal collection from Kylie Cosmetics. I wanted this one as I have quite fair skin and this one seemed like the one that would suit me the most. All 3 Metals are super metallic but I really liked Heir as it is a light peachy colour with an iridescent gold metallic finish.

Just like Candy K, Heir also dries completely matte and stays on for ages! I do think the formula is slightly different which is understandable as the liquid is slightly grainier due to the metallic particles in it.

The shade is super gorgeous and looks slightly different in every light. The Metal range was originally brought out just before Coachella, making them immediately associated with festivals, but Heir has such a soft undertone colour that it could be worn whenever you wanted to just spice up your makeup look.

The Metals don't come with a lip liner and therefore are cheaper. I still need to try mine out over the Candy K lip liner to see what kind of colour that creates, I'm sure it will be amazing!

Finally, lets move onto the swatches so that you can see how beautiful the colours are for yourself:


One bit of criticism I do have of the lip products is that there isn't anything in the top of the bottle that scrapes the excess product off of the wand like some glosses & lipsticks have. This means that there is always lipstick all the way up the wand and the applicator wand itself always picks up too much product which just seems like a waste and can also be quite annoying when you accidentally apply too much to the lip. This is something that could be easily fixed and I really hope they do as it would make the lipsticks a 10/10.

Despite this little niggle, I will definitely be trying to get my hands on a few more shades, mainly Dolce K and the newest shade added to the collection, Exposed.
If you are looking for a new liquid lipstick then I would defiantly recommend trying to get your hands on one too. I know it's a lot of fuss, but when you get one it's so worth it!!

I would love to know which shades you guys want to try out or have already managed to get, leave your comments in the box below and I'll be sure to reply!

Shona x
SHARE:

12 comments

  1. Wow! Candy K is such a beautiful shade, it almost reminds me of Twig lipstick by MAC. Great post! :)

    http://kimbercat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I love it! Twig is actually a great dupe for Candy K. Thank you for your comment! X

      Delete
  2. It's great to hear these products actually live up to the hype!

    Makeup Monster

    ReplyDelete
  3. The kylie lip kits are always praised! I might have to order one myself and see! Thanks for this review :)x

    http://www.serenbird.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely recommend them! Seriously the best liquid lipstick I've ever tried! Thanks for your comment :) x

      Delete
  4. I really need to get my hands on some of her liquid lipsticks. I hear such good things! Candy K looks like a shade I'd enjoy. I also want Exposed and Posie K!

    xx
    Nida | Caked To The Nines

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've actually just ordered exposed at the last launch, can't wait to try it out! They are really great, you should definitely try them out! Xx

      Delete
  5. These are such beautiful colours and I've only read good reviews of these babies...I just cannot bring myself to spend that much money on them I really can't! I will just live vicariously through bloggers reviews instead ha ha

    Katie xx ¦ ♥ La Coco Noire

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are worth the money! And if you work it out, they're not that much more expensive than buying a lip liner and lipstick from somewhere like MAC... They are my new favourite! Xx

      Delete
  6. Great post. x

    www.themakeupaficionado.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great review! I ordered the mini mattes and I can't wait to get my hands on them :) xx

    ReplyDelete

© Miss Shona O. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig